The Commission launched in June 2017 the European Defence Fund to direct EU funds in support of collaborative defence research and capability development with the Member States. For the very first time, EU funds are being mobilised to support the whole life-cycle of defence product development.
Moreover, EU countries use European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) in areas with high innovation potential identified in their Strategies for Smart Specialisation (RIS3). Dual use and defence research and innovation are among the areas the European Regional and Development Fund (ERDF) may support. To ensure EU support for such activities, a number of Member States and Regions have already started to include their defence-related industrial and research assets into their RIS3.
This symposium is organised jointly by the European Commission and the Agency of Innovation and Development of Andalusia IDEA. It.aims to support the synergies between ESIF and European Defence Fund, but also with Horizon 2020, COSME, Erasmus+ and other relevant funding instruments that can further strengthen the European defence and industrial base whilst enhancing regional competitiveness, ensuring growth and employment, and improving European strategic autonomy and the security of its citizens. This symposium takes place in the framework of the European Network of Defence-Related Regions.
The event is the fourth of its kind taking place in Andalusia highlighting the strong commitment of the Spanish region of Andalusia to the 2015 Seville Declaration on enhancing the full potential of defence and dual use technologies and markets.
- EU funding opportunities for the defence sector
- Networking with regional, national and international experts
- Networking and business to business meetings
- Latest trends on dual-use technologies
- Defence-related companies and clusters
- National/regional authorities
- Research institutes & academia
- H2020 national Contact Points, State/Region Representative Groups, EEN
- Transport and logistics
Why to participate:
- Great opportunity to identify European, national and regional funding for your technologies projects.
- Good place to find partners whom to develop your projets with.
- Fantastic occasion to network with key space and aerospace-related stakeholders.